Interview Tips for Domestic Helpers 外傭面試技巧

Essential guidance to conduct effective interviews and find the perfect helper 進行有效面試和找到完美幫手的必要指導

Importance of Domestic Helper Interviews and Key Considerations 請外傭面試的重要性及注意事項

Interviews are one of the most important procedures when hiring overseas domestic workers. Through interviews, employers can gain in-depth understanding of the domestic helper's work experience, professional skills, personality traits, assess whether language communication is smooth, judge their ability to adapt to new environments, and build initial trust through face-to-face communication, laying the foundation for future cooperation. 面試是聘請海外家庭傭工最重要的程序之一。面試可讓僱主深入了解外傭工作經歷、專業技能、性格特點,評估雙方語言溝通是否順暢,判斷其適應新環境的能力,並在面對面交流中建立初步信任,為日後合作奠定基礎。

Before the interview, you need to clarify family needs, carefully read the domestic helper's resume, health reports and other materials, and formulate targeted questions. During the interview, create a relaxed atmosphere, observe their verbal and body language, and carefully verify important information such as work experience. After the interview, promptly conduct a comprehensive evaluation, keep good records, and if suitable, advance the hiring process as soon as possible, and appropriately provide feedback to the interviewee. 面試前需明確家庭需求,細閱外傭履歷、健康報告等資料,擬定針對性問題。面試時營造輕鬆氛圍,觀察其言語與肢體語言,仔細核實工作經歷等重要信息。面試後及時綜合評估,做好記錄,若合適則儘快推進聘請流程,也可適當給予面試者反饋。

Employers can effectively understand whether the helper is suitable for their family through the following interview key points: 僱主可以從以下幾個面試重點有效了解到姐姐是否適合自己家庭:

Background 背景
Habits 習慣
Religion 宗教
Family Background 家庭背景
Work Experience 工作經驗
Work Ability 工作能力
Language Ability 語文能力
Personality 個性

INTERVIEW Essential Questions - English-Chinese Translation INTERVIEW 必問問題 - 中英對照

Understanding Personal and Family Background 了解個人及家庭狀況

  • Please tell me about yourself 請介紹你自己
  • Please tell me about your family 說說你的家庭
  • What are your hobbies? 平常有什麼興趣?是什麼?

Work Background and Experience 工作背景與經驗

  • Where have you worked before, and what roles did you have? 你之前在哪裡工作過,擔任過哪些角色?
  • What was your previous work schedule and routine? 在前僱主工作時的日程是怎樣?
  • How many years of experience do you have in caring for infants, children, elderly, or pets? 你有多少年照顧嬰兒、兒童、長者或寵物的經驗?
  • What challenges have you faced in caregiving, and how did you solve them? 你遇到過哪些照顧嬰兒 / 兒童 / 長者 / 寵物時的挑戰,是如何解決的?
  • Why did you leave your last job? 為什麼你離開上一份工作?
  • How many years have you worked in Hong Kong? 有多少年在香港的工作經驗?
  • How many employers have you worked with in Hong Kong? 服務過多少個僱主?
  • Did you work in other countries before? Where and when? 有沒有在其他國家的工作經驗?在哪裡及何時?
  • Can you provide a reference letter or contact details from previous employers? 可否提供前僱主的推薦信或聯絡資料?

Previous Employer's Work Environment and Mode 前僱主的工作環境及模式

  • What is your previous work schedule and routine? 日常工作時間表
  • Do you have an experience in taking care newborn baby, child or elderly? 有沒有照顧初生嬰兒、小童或長者經驗?
  • What time do you wake up and go to bed? 什麼時間起床及睡覺?
  • Can you go to the market by yourself? 自己懂得去市場買餸嗎?
  • Can you ride transportation on your own? 自己懂得乘坐公共交通工具嗎?
  • Do you know how to cook Chinese dishes? 懂得做中菜嗎?
  • How do you arrange long holidays (e.g., Christmas, New Year, children's summervacation)? 之前放假時,什麼時間出門及回來?
  • Can you return home by 8 pm on your day off? 當你放假時,願意在出門前或回來後完成一些基本工作嗎?

Daily Housework 日常家務

  • Describe your daily housekeeping routine and how you prioritize tasks. 請描述你日常負責的家務流程,如何安排優先級?
  • When multiple housework tasks (e.g., laundry, grocery shopping, pet care) conflict, what criteria do you use to determine priorities? 當多項家務(如洗衣、買菜、照顧寵物)衝突時,你判斷優先級的標準是什麼?
  • If the employer has special dietary requirements (e.g., low-salt, vegetarian), how would you prepare meals? 如果僱主家有特殊飲食要求(如低鹽、素食),你會如何準備餐食?
  • What cleaning and maintenance methods do you use for furniture and clothing made of different materials? 面對不同材質的傢具、衣物,你分別會採取什麼清潔保養方法?
  • Can you provide recipes for three local-style home-cooked dishes? 能否舉例說明 3 道符合當地口味的家常菜做法?

Scenario Cases (Assessing Adaptability and Problem-Solving Methods) 場景個案(評估應變能力及處事方法)

  • When taking care of infants, what would you do if a baby cries continuously without an obvious reason? 照顧嬰幼兒時,若孩子突然哭鬧不止且找不到原因,你會怎麼做?
  • What would you do if the baby keeps crying at night? 如果嬰兒晚上不停哭泣,你會怎麼做?
  • How would you handle it if the baby has a fever? 如果嬰兒發燒,你會如何處理?
  • What would you do if the baby accidentally falls and gets injured? 如果嬰兒不慎跌倒受傷,你會怎麼應對?
  • What would you do if the elderly person suddenly feels unwell and there are no other adults at home? 如果家中的長者突然感到不適,而家裡沒有其他成年人在場,你會怎麼做?
  • How would you persuade a child or elderly person to take their medicine if they refuse? 當照顧的兒童或長者拒絕服用藥物時,你將如何說服他們?
  • How would you handle unexpected water or power outages that disrupt daily housework and life? 家中突發停水停電,影響正常家務和生活,你會如何應對?
  • What steps would you take if you detect a gas leak at home? 發現家中天然氣泄漏,你會按什麼步驟處理?
  • If a child goes missing while playing outdoors, what immediate actions would you take? 孩子在戶外玩耍時突然走失,你第一時間會採取哪些措施?

Communication and Conflict Resolution 溝通與衝突解決

  • In previous jobs, how did you communicate and resolve disagreements with employers? 過去工作中,與僱主意見不一致時,你是如何溝通解決的?
  • If you notice conflicts among family members, how would you appropriately handle or respond? 發現僱主家庭成員間有矛盾,你會如何恰當處理或回應?
  • How would you respond to requests beyond your job responsibilities? 工作中遇到超出職責範圍的要求,你會如何回應?
  • How do you view criticism from employers about work shortcomings? Give examples of how you improved. 如何看待「僱主批評工作不足」?舉例說明你曾如何改進缺點。
  • Describe an experience in Chinese where you explained a work mistake to an employer. 用中文描述一次「向僱主解釋工作失誤」的經歷。
  • If there are misunderstandings in communication, what methods would you use to clarify information? 若與僱主溝通時出現理解偏差,你會用什麼方法確認信息?
  • How do you view communication and resolving disagreements with family members? 你如何看待與家庭成員的溝通和解決分歧?
  • If you saw a child arguing with others at the park, how would you handle it? 如果看到孩子在公園與其他孩子發生爭執,你會如何處理?

Personal Planning and Expectations 個人規劃與期望

  • How long do you intend to work for a family? What are your career plans? 你希望在一個家庭工作多久?對職業發展有什麼規劃?
  • When do you plan to retire and return to your home country? 打算什麼時候退休回國?
  • How long do you expect to work in Hong Kong? 你預算在香港工作多少年?
  • What are your work expectations or special requests? 你有何工作期望或特別要求?
  • What are your expectations regarding living conditions? 你對於居住條件有何期望?
  • Do you have specific requests for days off? Is it okay if Sundays are not off? 對放假日子是否有特定要求?如果不放星期日可以嗎?

Personal Habits and Health 個人習慣與健康

  • How long do you usually use your phone daily? Would you reduce usage if needed? 你每天習慣使用手機多長時間?如果需要減少使用時間,你能接受嗎?
  • Do you smoke or have other bad habits? 你是否吸煙或有其他不良嗜好?
  • Do you have any health issues or allergies? 你有沒有任何健康問題或過敏情況?
  • How many times have you had fevers, colds, or flu in the past two years? 過往兩年試過多少次發燒、傷風及感冒?
  • Have you had any surgeries in the past ten years? 過往十年有動過手術嗎?
  • Have you had any serious illnesses before or now? What kind? 現在及以往有嚴重疾病嗎?何種疾病?

Other Supplementary Questions 其他補充題目

  • Is there any foods you don't eat? 有什麼不吃的食物嗎?
  • Is it okay for you to eat leftover foods? 會吃隔夜食物嗎?
  • Have you borrowed any loan from the bank? 有向銀行借錢嗎?
  • Can you promise me to not take any personal calls while you are at work? 可以答應我在工作時不接聽私人電話嗎?
  • Can you start working as soon as possible? 能盡快上任嗎?
  • What is your holiday in/out time before? 之前放假時,什麼時間出門及回來?
  • How is your long holiday arrangement before? Christmas, New Year or Children's Summer Holiday? 你是如何安排長假期的?例如聖誕節、新年及小孩放暑假
  • On your day-off, are you willing to finished some basic work before/after going out? 當你放假時,願意在你出門前或回來後完成一些基本工作嗎?
  • Are you willing to go home not later than 8 pm during your day-off? 你可以於放假日晚上八點前回到家嗎?